Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend


For Memorial Day weekend I took a trip to Breckenridge, Colorado with Mike and his three friends. It was a cramped car ride in his friends Volvo--sedan. I sat in the middle seat the entire 7 and a half hours to Breckenridge. I was so happy to finally have arrived on Saturday afternoon! The highlight of our trip was the white water rafting sunday morning. We had to get up and head out to Brown Canyon at 7 a.m. in order to suit up and begin rafting by 9 a.m. The drive out to the rafting place was about an hour and a half. So much driving!!! We were on the water for about four hours. We all had really sore butts at the end of the day. We also smelled disgusting. This was my first time river rafting and I must say I did pretty great! It was a total blast. After it was all said and done our day of rafting ended around 5 p.m. We were exhausted. We had talked about hiking this 1400 ft mountain but after sitting in the sun for hours we had no energy. I guess it's a good thing Utah has mountains to hike too!


No comments: